National ELT Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) CRICOS Provider No. 02528G Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in the State of Queensland Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) 2007
started as an ELICOS college and was accredited by NEAS (National ELT Accreditation Scheme) in 2004. In 2005 it became a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in the State of Queensland to provide Business and English Teacher Training Programs to international students.
Over four years of operation, Viva College
has been accredited by Australia’s strictest regulating bodies and been selected to be part of a group of institutions known for teaching excellence, English Australia.
Today, Viva College
has over 500 students from all over the world. In addition, it’s enviable location has made Viva College one of the most popular private institutions in Brisbane. It is located right in the middle of Queen Street Mall, which is the main pedestrian and shopping mall situated in the heart of Brisbane’s central business district. Viva College's English-Only Policy has been established to help you maximise your English language practice during your studies in Australia. Rewards will be given to you if you speak English when you don't have to (e.g. speak English outside of the college), whereas penalties apply if you speak other languages within the college.
School facilities description
1. 28 spacious air-conditioned classrooms which have natural light and views.
2. Free after-class study assistance workshops every Monday (3-4pm) and Wednesday (4-5pm) to help you improve your reading and writing skills.
3. Free after-class conversation workshops every Tuesday (4-5pm) and Thursday (3-4pm) to help you improve your speaking and listening skills.
4. Latest learning library resources to help you, including books videos tapes, DVDs, magazines and textbooks.
5. Free computer and wireless Internet access throughout the college.
6. Student lunch room and kitchenette overlooking the beautiful Queen Street Mall fully equipped with microwaves, vending machines and refrigerator.
7. Free local calls for Viva College students.
8. You may have your mail sent to Viva College’s postal address.
9. Viva College student card will get you cheaper prices at most cinemas, theatres and other places.
10. Viva College has video security cameras in the reception area and in the Library for your protection.
has a Job Club Coordinator on campus to help students with finding and applying for a suitable job. Viva Job Club offers:
• Assistance with resumé and cover letter preparation.
• Assistance with interview training.
• Assistance with Tax File Number application: a number that you need to work legally in Australia.
• Job Club Seminars.
Au pair program
Courses for Academic purposes
Courses for Business/Executives
Courses for Specific purposes
Courses Plus (sport, culture etc.)
Examination preparation courses
General and Intensive courses
High school preparation courses
Language immersion at teacher's home
One to one courses
Summer or camp programs
Teacher training programs
University Foundation/Access courses
Vacation courses for adults
Vacation courses for young learners
Work experience programs
Courses description and prices
English language Courses Intensive General English (Full-Time) CRICOS Code 061036E Smart Talk CRICOS Code 061055B IELTS Preparation* CRICOS Code 061049M Day or Night Preparation for EAP* CRICOS Code 061035F English for Academic Purposes (EAP)* CRICOS Code 061035F Cambridge Examination Preparation Course FCE CRICOS Code 061053D Price for all English Language Courses 1 - 9 Weeks $305 /per week 10 - 19 Weeks $295 /per week 20+ Weeks $285 /per week IELTS Exam Fee (Optional) $ 280 Cambridge Exam Fee: FCE $ 362 Business Certificate (Nationally Recognised Training) Certificate II in Business BSB20107, CRICOS Code 065016K Tuition fee $ 2,390 Materials fee $ 150 Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate IV in TESOL* 30537QLD, CRICOS Code 066231F Tuition fee $ 2,900 Materials fee $ 250 School observation fee $ 150 English for Teaching Children CRICOS Code 061057M Same as English Language Courses All courses are subject to an Enrolment Fee of $ 180. *Entry to these courses is conditional upon passing a Viva College Level Placement Test.
Certificates & exams preparation
IELTS Preparation Cambridge Examination Preparation Course FCE Certificate II in Business BSB20107 Certificate IV in TESOL 30537QLD
Student nationalities, average age & average number per class
We have students from all corners of the globe studying a range of courses at Viva. It is a truly multi-cultural experience. Viva College
keep classes sizes at a size where we can deliver a high quality experience for our students. Class sizes range from 6 students to 24 students depending on the course. English classes are generally capped at 15 students.
Join Viva students and staff on our weekend activities program and experience all that Brisbane has to offer, including:
• Southbank Parklands and beach (in the middle of the city!).
• A fast trip on a City Cat along the beautiful Brisbane River.
• Cuddle koalas, see crocodiles and kangaroos at our famous wildlife parks.
• Enjoy sports games and BBQs in Brisbane's large parks.
• The popular beaches of the Gold Coast to the south and the Sunshine Coast and Noosa to the north.
• World famous amusement parks.
• National parks, rainforests, camping and bushwalking.
• Off-shore islands where you can see turtles, dolphins and whales.
You need be logged in to read the full review
Posted by Mylanguagetravel . (France)
on May 2009 - France
Post the first review!